Cheerful and optimistic people tend to be in a good mood and are easily happy. However a person who is quiet or realistic is not always in a good mood. Because at present researchers have found that good mood builds on its own. Just adjust thinking change behavior and create an environment that is conducive to a good mood, And how does a good mood affect your health?as follows:
- Adjust your thoughts , thoughts about yourself, others, or your environment. It affects our mood quite a lot. Changing your thoughts is a fundamental way to improve your mood. There are only a few principles: Avoid blaming yourself. Try to look at the situation around you in a positive light. And think about good things that will happen in the future, such as activities that you want to do on holidays, etc.
- change behavior Behaviors in different areas of people not only affect their physical health. But it also affects mental and emotional health. Reinforcing the following behaviors may improve your mood.
- Get enough sleep because too little sleep will affect your mood the next day. Studies have also shown that persistent inadequate sleep can lead to depression. In adults, 7-9 hours of sleep per day is recommended, while children, adolescents, the elderly, and pregnant women should adjust their bedtimes longer. this
- Eat a healthy diet Because good food has a positive effect on your mood as well. Focus on whole grains, vegetables, fruits and foods rich in protein, omega-3s, and vitamin D, which may help the body release serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain involved in emotional expression. come more Found in egg yolks, salmon, tuna, sardines and cod liver oil.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, and do not interfere with drugs of any kind. Because it may affect behavior and emotional state in a negative way.
- try to smile at yourself Research has shown that the brain responds to smiling and telling them to feel happy. Even if it’s forcing a smile
- Go for outdoor activities such as walking, cycling or gardening to change the atmosphere and get some fresh air.
- Do activities that help you feel relaxed, such as drawing, listening to music, meditating, etc.
- When there is a problem that makes you feel uncomfortable Talk to someone you trust. whether friends or family
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day regularly. Because exercise helps the body to release endorphins, which are chemicals in the brain that help improve mood.
- Allocate the right activities to do each day. Because a schedule that is too tight can be stressful.
- Create an environment that encourages good mood. The atmosphere in the residential area is one of the factors that affect the physical, mental and emotional health of people. The accommodation is clean, tidy, well ventilated. and the sunlight shines Therefore, it may help to have a better mood.
How does a good mood affect your health?
A good mental and emotional state not only promotes outward personality and builds relationships with others. but also improves overall health as follows
- Enhancing good living habits People who are in a good mood are more likely to make healthy food choices. There are quite frequent exercise movements. and have better sleep behaviors than the general population All of which have a positive effect on physical and mental health. and may contribute to a longer lifespan
- prevent heart disease Some research claims that being in a good mood may help lower blood pressure. which is one of the main causes of heart disease It may also reduce the risk of death in heart patients.
- reduce the hormone cortisol When people feel stressed The body will secrete more of the hormone cortisol. This hormone can lead to poor sleep quality and weight gain, as well as may cause diabetes or high blood pressure. Research has shown that people who are in a good mood tend to secrete hormones. Cortisol is released less than the average person. when stress
- strengthen the immune system Currently, there is research claiming that People who are in a good mood have a lower chance of getting a cold or a respiratory infection.